|Educfation For All - The Global Open University
at The Global Open University, Nagaland
1. Is primarily controlled by the learner.
2. Is unique and individual.
3. Is affected by the total state of the learner.
4. Is cooperative and collaborative.
5. Is a consequence of experience.
6. Is not directly observable.
7. Is both an emotional and intellectual process.
8. Is evolutionary process.
9. Is development oriented.
10. Is quite sustainable.
11. Is inexpensive.
12. Is open to one and all.
13. Is latest and upto date.
14. Is on print as well as electronic media.
15. Is unique in nature.
The following are the salient features of the programmes of TGOU :
1) All the programmes are vocational and job oriented.
2) The lessons are user friendly.
3) The University is planning to have liaison centres in all countries.
4) Proper counselling is provided to the students.
5) Periodical despatch of lessons and other materials is ensured.
6) Proper communication between the students and the institution.
7) Periodical assignments and progress monitoring are ensured.
8) Survey of credibility of the courses is conducted annually.
9) Timely examination / evaluation and declaration of results.
10) Preparation of new course materials on a continuing basis.
11) Seminars and workshops are conducted at regular intervals.
12) Contact programmes are also organised if necessary.
13) Website design is managed by experts.
14) Electronic mail is read and replied everyday.
15) Lessons and books on CD Rom are underway.
16) New programmes on emerging topics are being designed.
17) Evaluation of ongoing programmes is done by experts.
18) Examination Centres are planned for all countries.
19) Collaboration with other Colleges and Universities is encouraged.
20) Institution building plans are being implemented.